Tuesday 4 September 2012

Halfway Through Chemo 6 of 8

Okay, technically, I'm not halfway through until I take my pills after supper tonight but I'm really in countdown mode.  Only 2.5 chemo sessions left and I hope this wraps up by the end of October.

So far, I haven't had any bad side effects on this lowered dosage.  The fingertips on my left hand are still numb but I'm still hopeful the feeling will return a few months after I'm done my chemo sessions.  I also have the usual dry skin, my hair is continuing to fall out and I am fatigued with occasional dizziness.  Last night I had a pretty serious bout of diarrhea but I realize it had been at least two weeks since that happened.  My painful feet side effects haven't popped up until about Day 10 of my 14 day sessions so since I'm only at Day 7 right now, I can't really celebrate about not having debilitating side effects yet.

I went for a bicycle ride a few days ago and pedalled 20 kms.  I felt much better than I had a few weeks earlier when I did the same route but nearly passed out at the 9 km mark.  This was good.  I would go for another ride soon but I'm keeping my leg elevated and rested as much as possible due to a little mishap yesterday.

I don't know what to say about this.  We had a nice relaxing Labour Day weekend at home.  The kids and I pedalled the 1.5 kms to see my parents and as  I was standing beside my bicycle waiting to cross the only road on the route with the kids, I lost my balance and fell on my bicycle.  Yep.  I was standing and I fell.  My front bicycle sprocket chewed up the back of my leg pretty badly.  I have four ugly gashes and one is about half a centimetre deep.  It's pretty hideous.  Thankfully, my mom is a nurse and we were nearly at their house.  She'll now see me every day to change my dressing.

Danger is everywhere!!

What else do you do when you're not in school?  Do some Barbie Waterboarding, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment