Tuesday 28 August 2012

Progress is Underway!!!

Okay, tomorrow I start Chemo 6 of 8.  I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Today I saw my chemo doctor and she confirmed two good things: that I had finished Chemo 5 even though I still had five days of pills left AND that my dose would now be reduced from 4,000 mg daily to 3,000 mg.  That's three pills at breakfast and three at supper instead of four pills each.  I'm confident that there will be no side effects with the dosage now reduced another 25%.

First day of school today for both Kate and Maggie.


And if there are side effects, I'll just grin and bear it because I want this all to end.

When I got home, I pencilled in on the calendar when my chemo will end and, barring any schedule interruptions, it will be over October 23rd.  My family doctor has told me he wants to give me booster shots about a month after chemo is over.  This might have me back at work in early December.  I would love that.  As odd as it sounds, I want to return to a normal lifestyle and going back to work is part of that.  I've been off work since January and, although it's always been a dream of mine to take a year off work, doing it when you don't have your health really sucks.  Plus, not working really makes a financial dent.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on getting to the home stretch!
    By the way, you have absolutely adorable children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pat,
    You have had a very tough time of it, but I am confident that you have made it through the worst part. You are almost there! We are looking forward to having you back at work, too! We miss you!
    Your girls are the cutest little girls!
    Marg

    ReplyDelete