Wednesday 31 October 2012

Chemo DUN!!!!!

I'm posing with Kate and Maggie all bundled up for Halloween.
Ahh, I just took my last chemo pills this morning.  I had asked the doctor if I could delay my last chemo by one week in an attempt to delay the side effects and the good Doctor Goodwin agreed (not to be confused with 7 time MotoGP motorcycle champion Valentino Rossi, simply known as THE Doctor).  It has worked. And, now that my chemo is done, my feet are just now starting to get sore.  Who cares, I'm done!

The last few weeks have gone well enough.  Before the weather cooled, I had a couple of weeks of pedalling 20 kms in the morning three times a week.  I've now moved indoors and I'm keeping up the cardio on the elliptical in the basement.  I'm afraid to try any weights as I'm overly cautious about ripping open my abdomen since I already have a hole in it.  That's what a hernia is and I have a large version.  The stoma nurses cautioned me on that so I have clear images of things going bad.  However, I'm going to start the weights soon at a  gentle pace cause it looks like next summer is my chance to finally start wakeboarding at the cottage.  My dad just bought a used powerboat and it came with a wakeboard and tubes for the kids.  Time to go back to waterskiing and finally try wakeboarding!

Sure, Katie's excited for dirt biking next summer but Maggie's really wound up!!



1 comment: