Wednesday 18 July 2012

Chemo 4 On Hold

My feet hurt like hell again this morning and now my left hand with the numb fingertips has turned red and my left thumb hurts like hell when I move it.  My doctor phoned me this morning and her instructions were to stop taking the chemo pills for seven days.  After seven days if my redness and pain has gone away, I can resume the last seven days at a reduced quantity.

Now, in the evening, my feet and thumb are more pain-free.

I'm taking 5,000 mg of Xeloda daily but now it's reduced to 4,000 mg daily.  Fingers crossed that this doesn't cause any more funny side effects.  And, hopefully, my left fingertips regain their feeling in the next month.

I like motorcycles.
Kevin Lacombe on his new BMW at last weekend's St. Eustache Canadian
Superbike Nationals.  For six years I enthusiastically raced at the back of the pack
at the Nationals.  This year I haven't felt good enough to even spectate
at one event.  Maybe in August...

No comments:

Post a Comment