Friday 20 April 2012

Day 9: Jailbreak

The hospital, as lovely a place as it is, was really wearing on me the last four days.  I couldn't leave until I had a bowel movement.  I had gone into the hospital being told it was 7 days but I thought I could accelerate that to 6.  When I still couldn't walk after Day 4, I realized 7 days wouldn't be so bad.  Now I was walking everywhere but I had yet to have a bowel movement.

Daddy and Maggie.  Home after eight full days in the hospital.
Barely started the 9th day.
When my surgeon came in to see me again at 8am, he was discussing how important he felt it was for me to have a bowel movement before I left the hospital.  I saw another escape window closing so I cleverly changed the path of the conversation.

"I'm leaving in an hour.  What kind of prescriptions do I need?  I promise to pray to the bowel movement gods at home."

2 comments:

  1. I bet you're having a long prayer right now!
    Congratulations on your return home. There's no place like home...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you're home!

    John, Resa & Henry

    ReplyDelete