Sunday 1 April 2012

1.5 Weeks To Go

I don't have cancer.  April Fools.

Yep, by this time next week I'll be eating a low residue diet and then drinking Pico Salax the next day and starving myself for surgery. 

Nothing much to report.  Still feeling good and exercising 6 days a week.  (And eating lotsa dessert every chance I get!  I hear potato chips are good preparation for getting your insides ripped out.)  Erinn was a good sport and we got her out on her new motorcycle during the good weather.  Since then I've been running every errand that I can by motorcycle.  The surgery will have me off the motorcycle likely until June or July.



Really, I think she loves red.  Erinn's Christmas gift was a new
Honda CBR250R.  She was slightly underwhelmed but I thought
it was a perfect gift.  She bought me a stupid iPad. 
I use it as a cutting board.
Our hospital appointment a week and a half ago was just prep for surgery but it took the full five hours of going from one station to the next.  Looks like I'm all set for surgery.  There was no stoma nurse appointment and we had a great deal of difficulty getting one but we're going on Wednesday for one at the Ottawa General Hospital.  April 12th is surgery day at the Queensway Carleton.  Now I'm at the point where I can wait for surgery and I don't want it.  The good news is they'll be removing the cancer and I can start the next stage of recuperation then 5 to 6 months of chemotherapy.  The bad news is I'll have to get used to the colostomy.  However, I have learned that lifting things should not be that impacted once I've healed up three months after surgery.  So, now I have no excuse for not trying wakeboarding.

No snow, shorts and t-shirts on March 22nd.  Nearing the end
of a record-setting warm week.  Now we're back to April
temperatures.

4 comments:

  1. Good idea about the cutting board, but I find that they're a little small. I typically use 2 iPads side-by-side if I'm working with something big like a pork loin roast or a Nappa cabbage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As someone who still has a VCR, I am wondering what an iPad is? Isn't the first letter of a proper name supposed to be capitalized? I don't get it. Is that really Erinn on the bike? Good for her!
    Marg

    ReplyDelete
  3. If this really is MY bike, I want to get it painted with cougar spots. I had to look up Nappa cabbage. I didn't think it was a real thing. The things a vegetarian learns on a cancer blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erinn. I like the Spots idea. I doubt it would stop Pat from riding your bike though!

    Alan Burns

    ReplyDelete