Thursday 23 February 2012

Burn Is In Control

Whitney Houston passed away on the weekend.  Poor Whitney.  Cripes, The Rolling Stones are still alive!  The next morning, I was struck with so much diarrhea I couldn't take Kate, our five year old, to her ski lesson.  I had to use the ensuite for some of it so I could give Erinn orders and persuade her to get out of bed to take Kate to her lesson.  Mission accomplished.

The next night, I had diarrhea even worse.  From 10pm to 2am.  It's funny when it actually keeps you from going to bed and even worse that I was in physical pain.  It was like my lower bowels were on fire.  Today, however, I can celebrate three days in a row of no diarrhea.  I'll take that.

Diarrhea and fatigue have been my only constant side effect.  I'm technically not out of the woods on side effects from either chemo or radiation but  I'm feeling pretty confident that I'm in the clear.  I stopped taking the chemo pills on my last radiation day six days ago and, aside from the burn irritation, I feel 80% many days so long as I get a 2 hr nap daily.  Today I even did cardio which was my first time in over two weeks.

Other side effects that I did not get were mouth sores, dental problems, hair loss, scaly hands and feet, itchy hands and feet, black hands and feet.  Yikes.  Of course, I'll be on the chemo bottle again after surgery for half a year.  That will start in May.

Tomorrow is the Montreal Bike Show.  I'm going.  Snowstorms are nothing compared to waking up and not having diarrhea.

These are two of my motorcycles and the start of buying brand
new once I graduated from University.  Cycle Canada phoned me
today to follow up on some details for an upcoming article on me
these two bikes.  Stay tuned.  They say the May issue.

1 comment:

  1. Pat, I hope you enjoy the show! Your two bikes are really neat looking!
    Marg

    ReplyDelete