Wednesday 29 February 2012

Rest Time

Maggie and Daddy got right to work on
the fruit basket!
I had a great visit from work friends yesterday.  They brought a great card signed by everyone, a movie pass and a fantastic fruit basket.  Thanks very much everyone!

I've been done the chemo and radiation for nearly two weeks now and I feel I'm starting to heal nicely.  My burn has subsided enough to go to the Montreal Motorcycle show last week and I felt better every day after that.  The last three days my burn has been good enough that I've been able to resume cardio activity.  I'd like to continue with that as much as possible as exercise is supposed to help my healing. 

I'm still napping daily but only for an hour instead of two hours and I don't feel as tired like I just got out of the microwave oven.  You know that feeling when you stick your head in the microwave for 15 minutes?

Headaches are another side effect I've been experiencing but I can't complain as they don't last more than 20 minutes and they only hit me every few days.  My wife gets them a lot worse and it looks painful.

The days are getting longer and tomorrow marks March 1st.  I have an appointment with my surgeon next week and March is my month to rest up for the surgery in April.  I know when I have the surgery, that'll really knock me flat on my ass so I'll take every day that I feel 80% and enjoy my time to rest.  So far, I've been resting quite a bit.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Pat,
    Seems like things are working out well for you! I am so glad! Great to see the pictures of you, looking so well! I think of you often and wish you the best!
    Marg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see you are feeling better Pat.

    Enjoy the rest!

    Simon

    ReplyDelete