Saturday 11 February 2012

Four Weeks DONE!!!

I had my 20th radiation session yesterday and, as I walked in the door, I bumped into my THIRD set of motorcycle instructors who are there for their own cancer.  Ian and Celia.  Celia has a blood cancer, I believe, that was a problem 10 years ago but she's not too worried about this latest flare-up.  So, that's Frank and Helene, Tony and Lynda Hendriks and now Ian and Celia.  All these people I've met by accident at the entry to the Cancer Centre in the last four weeks.  And, man, I quit teaching in 2009 so I don't even know the new crew. 

Almost done going to these places!!!
The burn is bad enough that I don't do cardio now.  In fact, that was the only exercise I was doing, although daily, so now I'll do more PlayStation 3 and TV watching.

I have one more week to endure and then I expect the burn will flare up the week after.  But, it can't because I want to go to the Montreal Motorcycle Show that weekend so I must be healthy for that!

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes and the burn tips.  Freezies, eh?  We actually have lots of those even in winter for the kids.  "Nope, you can't eat that.  Daddy needs it for his ass!!!"

2 comments:

  1. Hi Pat,
    Given all that you have been through so far, I am sure you will make it through the last week with your usual good grace and good attitude! Great to have the motorcycle show to look forward to - I know you really enjoy that!
    Marg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Pat,

    I am never ever going to look at a freezie in the same way !!
    Hope you are well enough for the Montreal show. Say hi to the ladies
    Hélène

    ReplyDelete